Wednesday, August 15, 2012

About Me


Melissa Barnett - Director of Children's and Family Ministries at Christ Church

I think it’s important to know the people you work with, their idiosyncrasies, their talents and their faults. I think the more you know about each other, the stronger you are as a team. And this year, 2012-2013, is all about TEAMS…so here’s a little bit of info about me. Maybe it will help you decide weather or not you want to take the leap and join the team J.

Some things you should know about your leader….
  1. I’m a creative perfectionist - a rare combination which leads to a very interesting office space.
  2. I’m passionate about growth – all kinds including: organizational, intellectual, spiritual, and emotional. I believe we never stop learning and growing.
  3. I get bored easily and this drives my need to always do and try new things!
  4. I value family and thus have a strong commitment to my husband and to raising my two young children. This value also fuels my desire to inspire growth and development within families at Christ Church.
  5. I’m a little “high strung” – please bear with me. This is what happens when you put a passionate, creative, perfectionist in one body!
  6. I’m an ever growing, NEVER perfect, follower of Christ who is sold out on the mission and vision of Christ Church!

My top Spiritual gifts
  1. Faith
  2. Discernment
  3. Administration/Guidance
  4. Leadership
  5. Hospitality

My Core Values
(from the “Chazown” experience – www.Chazown.com)
  • Authenticity
  • Creativity
  • Family
  • Leadership
  • Learning
  • Transpareny

Some personal history…
  • I’ve been at Christ Church as a member since July 2008, and have been working as the Director of Children’s Ministries since August 2009.
  • This is my third position as a Director of Children’s Ministries in a church. I also served in Milpitas, CA at Mount Olive Ministries and in Valdosta, GA at House of Joy.
  • I grew up down south in Mississippi & Alabama as the daughter of a Lutheran Pastor and a Kindergarten teacher. I’m also the oldest of three sisters.
  • I studied Visual Arts and Education in college at Auburn University in Alabama.
  • I married my husband, JJ, on July 13, 1996. He was 21, and I had just turned 20 five days earlier. (We were babies.)
  •  Nine years later, we had Abigail (2005) and then Charlotte (2007). I am done “having” children, but we are not convinced that God is finished building our family. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your feedback on the topics discussed in each post.